move to Australia

Working in Australia

 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS Visa)  visa (Subclass 482)

​​​​​​​​This visa allows a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years. ​​

You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
You can be in or outside Australia​ when you lodge your application.
This visa allows you to:
work temporarily in Australia for up to four years
bring your family to work or study in Australia
travel in and out of Australia as ​often as you want.

Work and Holiday visa
(subclass 462)

​This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. You may be able to get this visa if you:
  • are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • don't have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • have a passport from:
China, People's Republic of
Slovak Republic

contact us

Temporary Work (short Stay Activity) visa  
(Subclass 400)

This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
  • participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, or
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests. ​
  • Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.
You might be eligible for this visa if you are outside Australia and you:
  • have specialised skills, knowledge or experience that can assist Australian business
  • have been invited to participate in an event by an organisation in Australia, or
  • are required in Australia for exceptional circumstances of national importance, such as to assist following a natural disaster.​

Temporary Work (short Stay Activity) visa  
(Subclass 400)

This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
  • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement (the Exchange stream)
  • participate in high-level sports competitions (the Sport stream)
  • do full-time religious work (the Religious Worker stream)
  • do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives (the Domestic Worker (Executive) stream).

You may be able to get this visa if you:
  • are sponsored by an approved sponsor
  • are nominated to undertake an approved activity
  • have the skills and experience relevant to the nominated activity.