move to Australia

Bringing family to  Australia

Prospective Marriage Visa
(Subclass 300)

If you want to come to Australia to marry your prospective spouse, the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) is for this purpose.
It is a temporary visa for nine months. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. You can have the wedding in any country: the wedding does not need to be in Australia.

To be eligible you must provide evidence that you
  • intend to marry and live as husband or wife with your prospective spouse
  • be sponsored by your prospective spouse
  • know your prospective spouse and have met in person
  • be the opposite sex to your prospective spouse (same-sex couples can apply for  a Partner visa  based on their de facto relationship)
  • meet age, health and character requirements.

Partner visas (subclasses 820/801)
and (subclasses 309 /100)

The following visa options allow you to live in Australia as a temporary or permanent resident if you are granted a partner category visa.
The Partner visa you apply for depends on your circumstances, including:
If are applying in or outside of Australia
If you are Applying for a visa in Australia, and
are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen you may be eligible for a Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820) and Permanent Visa (subclass 801).

Applying outside Australia

If you are applying for a visa outside Australia, and your are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and you Intend to marry before a decision is made on your Partner visa application you may be eligible to apply for a  Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent Visa (Subclass 100).
contact us

Child Visas

A child will need a visa if they are:
Not the holder of a permanent visa, and are
Intending to travel to, enter, or remain in Australia indefinitely.

There are various visa options thatare available. We must ensure the visa is right for a child, which is dependant on their circumstances, including:
  • a child’s age
  • a child’s dependency status
  • if the child is in or outside of Australia.

Other family visas

If you are wanting to bring your parents to Australia, there are different types of parent visas available Parent category visa options
Family members
Information about capping and queuing of family visas, processing priority changes, and children who are born to permanent residents of Australia.
Relative visa options
If you wish to bring an older relative who is dependent on you or have a relative outside Australia whose only near relatives are living in Australia​.
Carer visa options
If you or your family member has a long-term or permanent medical condition, there are visa options available u​nder the carer visa category.